Saturday, May 24, 2008

Little Girl


Excuse me little girl sitting in that jacket, swimming in it.
Where'd you get it? From a big girls closet?
Where'd you get that gun? From your daddy's drawer?
or maybe my daddy's drawer.
I can't stop what you do, but I'd sure as hell like to try.
Looking at you is so hard to do.
It's taking everything inside of me not to cry.
I feel like there's no point, you just blink those blue eyes at me.
Those big blue eyes that only show me my own reflection.
I want to stop you from doing that, pulling that trigger.
For your own good, but mostly my own.
We can take our finger off that trigger.
Rip our eyes off that shiney trigger because, my little baby, it'll hurt more that what we feel now.
Only we can stop our hearts from hurting
and only we can stop our hearts from beating.
Only we can stop our lungs from breathing_ right now.
I'd like to say sorry for how I failed you.
Sorry for making this not worth while.
I'm sorry for that blindfold that's covering your eyes from what you could see.
I'd like to say life is beautiful, but sometimes that's a lie.
Come here little girl, let me hold you while you cry.
Give me your hand, we're in this together in a strange way.
We are each other, but we are our own.
Let's walk away from the closet that's been keeping us in the dark.
Hold my hand, hold me while I hold you.
I'm sick of holding back my tears.
I already feel like liquid,
might as well drain myself out.

1 comment:

Allison said...

This is brilliantly disturbing...