Monday, May 26, 2008

Things I decided today:


Today I did absolutely nothing. I went outside for 1 reason (well for the most part, I left to get a sandwich and go in the spa but that was all after 8 in the PM) and it was at 11:00am, in my robe, to grab something from my car (which was parked half way up the hill from my house because everyone decided last night to sleep over... oh yeah you better believe I got honked at by cars driving by...FUN!). It was a fabulous day. I caught myself staring, which was something that I hadn't done in a long time. Staring at nothing and thinking about everything is a great form of therapy. My friend always tells me I suck at alone time, well today I think I proved her wrong. For once, my favorite hobbie (people) wasn't something I wanted to indulge in. 

So here's what I've come up with today:
people's blogs are fascinating... I had NO idea
the ceiling of my room is hideous
sometimes my kitchen is way too far away
my friend Tracey is THE funniest person I know
if you pee your pants a little when you laugh, it's okay
if you're tired at 8:00 PM, go in a spa and it'll just make you even more tired
God created strange things (i.e. popcorn ceilings, humans, blue birds, words, ideas, colors, clouds that cover sunshine... just off the top of my head-- these are all things I witnessed today)
God created beautiful things (i.e. words, ideas, colors, sunshine, laughter, sandwiches, Tracey-- all things I experienced today)
people can make you jealous really easily (by saying they got to go to Freddie Mercury's house today)
bathrooms will always be dirty no matter how much you clean them
if something has cheese on it, it is good
listening is important
Crest white strips are a pain the ass but are glorious nonetheless
sometimes it's okay to throw in the towel and let down your pride
silence is a beautiful thing
writing a wedding speech is a pain in the ass
having like minded people in your life is inspiring
God has the best sense of humor... just listen for it

There's nothing like a day of silence to break any type of insanity.

3 comments:

Jayden-Lynn said...

silence IS a beautiful thing. summer is hear girl I'm so excited to read your thoughts :)

Allison said...

Blogs only get more addicting.
To write...
And to read...

Good luck getting anything else done!

bri brockman said...

try whitening in the shower. it makes the pain in the ass less noticeable.