Monday, June 16, 2008

Bags of Tea


I walk into work today. Get to my desk. Put the mail down. Notice a little sticky note that reads:
Emily- Last Thursday you left me a message on my phone. It was 5 minutes long. It was a convo between you and another girl. I couldn't get all of it, but the end was about tea bagging, and how one of you had looked on wikipedia to find out what it was. I don't think you knew you were leaving me a message but thanks for the laugh.
Hours: 9-12:30
lunch
1-4:30
-James

So naturally I turn on the computer and record his hours that he had worked into the time sheet. While doing so I thought to myself... when did I have a conversation about tea bagging? When did my phone accidentally call James? (A boy I'd met for the first time the other day, very briefly, we talked work stuff.) But to be honest I was not surprised by it because I probably had had a conversation with someone about tea bagging and what it was.

LATER I picked up Tracey when she got off work (at 1:00PM) because that's what we do every Monday. Not really thinking about it, I casually asked, Did we have a conversation about tea bagging? 
Her reply: Yeah, on the balcony the other day. Remember I told you I didn't know what it was so I looked it up on wikipedia and the picture they had showing what it was was of some video game thing? It was a picture of a video game character tea bagging another video game character in some Transformers video game. Why?

And then I explained the note. We had a good laugh. Then we got sandwiches.