Wednesday, June 25, 2008

To My Samba Girl


She's got the worlds most contageous smile,
She's got the smoothest brown skin.
She fills my heart with joy and laughter,
Her name is not Jayden, but Lynn.
She reminds me of yellow sunshine
and a bucket of sweets,
She loves to sing and swing
and move to old school beats.
Oh my Lynny girl
off you go
on a beautiful adventure
to discover everything and more.

Go climb trees 
my little Samba girl.
Fly with the birds
and sing with the clouds.
Roll in the mud
and swim naked when you can.
Dance underneath
the Southern Hemisphere's stars.
Shout to the world
know that you're blessed
and when you get back
tell me your stories.
We'll be waiting with smiles
and open arms.

1 comment:

Jayden-Lynn said...

i love you with a love that we dont have words for here.