Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Blue Jays and Scarecrows


Brown and dimpled, where has my sanity gone?
A blue jay swooped down and snatched it with its beak.
I saw it with my own two eyes, but it happened too fast that I don't really remember it.
Then I started spinning,
First in a field, then in a town, then in a sea of darkness
that flooded from the inside out.
I couldn't find the faucet.
As I was searching for it a hand reached down.
It went straight for me first,
the righty-tighty of the faucet was second.
It didn't matter if I couldn't breathe,
What I saw would have taken my breath away anyway, twice.
You're beautiful when you cry.
Tears ran down, ran down nakedly,
they were unstoppable.
Notes ran in my ears, through my brain,
into my heart and out my soul
and caught every drop in its hands.
It was a deep desire to sit at that table and purely indulge
not through my mouth, just my heart.
The other day it went from stone to mush to sponge.
The only thing about my sponge is that it can't hold enough.
It's already full and 20 is such a miniscule number on the scale.
The power you hold in your hand like a remote.
Press your buttons, let's get this movie rolling,
preferably up hill,
down just has weeds and scarecrows.
If you look up there's sunshine and those are the only two things I need.
My own and my worlds, 20 days ago,
20 days from now.
20 lifetimes I'd spend filling myself up with you.

No comments: